Just because you want to sell your Dallas Fort Worth area home fast, doesn’t mean that you should have to risk being scammed by unscrupulous real estate investors. I’m sure you’ve noticed cardboard signs on the side of the road stating, “We buy houses and pay cash” or “We buy houses in any condition.” You’ve probably even seen ads on telephone poles with the same, “We buy ugly houses in any condition” message. The unfortunate truth is that there are a lot of dishonest investors out there making claims that they are unable to deliver.
If you need to sell your Dallas Fort Worth house fast and you see a We Buy Houses sign, you are probably wondering…
“Is the We Buy Houses concept a scam?”
Selling your house fast to an investor in the Dallas Fort Worth can be a great option for many homeowners. As long as you do your research and follow your gut you’ll be able to decide which “We buy houses” investor is right for you. Remember, if a local home buying company makes you feel uneasy by offering too-good-to-be-true promises that they’ll never be able to deliver, you have the right to kick them to the curb.
Tips for Avoiding a We Buy Houses Scam in Dallas Fort Worth
There are still a lot of professional, trustworthy investors in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Here are a few things to pay attention to when choosing the right one:
1. Are they honest and upfront? Go with your gut feeling on this one. If you ask a “We buy houses” investor a direct question and they find ways to skirt around giving you a direct answer, there’s a good chance they’re being deceptive, or they simply don’t know the answer…both of those situations are a tell-tale sign that you should choose another investor to buy your home.
2. Have they told you where their office is located? If the answer is yes, you can always pop by for a surprise visit to check things out. If the answer is no, find out why.
3. Do they answer your phone calls, texts, and emails promptly? Selling your home is a big decision. You need to know that the buyer is reliable.
4. Are they credible? Read the reviews and see if the investment company is listed on sites like the Better Business Bureau.
5. Did you read the contract? Make sure to take your time and read every line of your contract. If you have questions, a trustworthy investor should be willing and able to answer them.
At Happy Buy Homes, we are always upfront and honest with homeowners. We take our time to explain our process and are always available to answer questions via phone, text, email, or in person at our office in Kennedale, Texas. We are accredited with the Better Business Bureau and have positive testimonials to back our promises. If you need to sell your house fast in Dallas Fort Worth or surrounding suburbs, we can help.
“It’s not easy determining the best route when you need to sell your home. Should you choose a realtor, FSBO, or home buying company? The short answer is, it depends. We’re not for everyone, and we’re not afraid to say it. However, we are the perfect solution when selling a home through a realtor simply isn’t an option.” – Tommy, CEO